NewsBreaking news, Events, Good to know
The Paris region supports the growth of series
Tuesday 9 June 2020
Série Series has been the rendezvous of the European series since 2013. For three days, from June 30 to July 2, 2020, participants will be able to attend screenings, case studies and master classes, as well as a business component: The European Series Summit, allowing BtoB meetings between professionals.
These meetings, usually located in Fontainebleau, will be held online this year.
Film Paris Region supports many series producers, helping them to set up their projects in the Paris Region by providing personalized assistance in finding locations, advice in the preparation of filming and subsequent phases, and the availability of a network of quality studios and service providers in the region. In 2019, no fewer than 34 French and foreign series benefited from our services, including the Israeli series l'Attachée and the French series Platane, Paris 1900, La Garçonne and Nina.
Paris Region, France's leading region in terms of financial support for the audiovisual sector, is further improving its framework for action thanks to the successive reforms of the Cinema & Audiovisual Support Fund in January 2017 and 5 March 2020:
- Simplified access criteria based on expenditure in the Paris Region and the number of days of filming
- Scales of aid have been substantially re-evaluated and the Fund's budget has been increased over the last 4 years (from €3M to €4.5M), allowing for the granting of larger amounts of aid, up to €500,000.
- The series can apply for a bonus for innovative technologies, exceptional technical expenditure or an ecological approach in order to encourage real economic impact and make Ile-de-France a pioneering territory in certain cutting-edge technologies.
- The minimum duration per episode for web series has been reduced to 5 minutes.
- more favourable conditions for co-productions in the European Union with reduced filming and IDF requirements
- the opening to series of the new International Fund for Minority Co-productions.
In total, since 2016 the Region has supported 38 series, devoting a budget of almost €9.8m to production.
Among the projects supported that are eagerly awaited in 2020 and 2021: the new seasons of the Bureau des Légendes and 10%, Paris police 1900 and La Garçonne, two major police series in costume on the early 20th century, Le monde demain on youth by the NTM group and En thérapie, an adaptation by Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano of the successful Israeli series already adapted in the United States.