ILE DE FRANCE FILM COMMISSION TO BE PART OF THE FIRST SPANISH CONFERENCE ON FILM TOURISM
Wednesday 8 June 2016
Cinema and audio-visual in general, apart from boosting the economy of the location chosen for filming, plays a significant role as a motivational factor in attracting tourists. It also serves to promote the brand image of some tourist destinations.
The 1st Spanish Conference on Film Tourism’s main objective is analysing the importance of the phenomenon of film- and TV-induced tourism and promoting the establishment of a Spanish Film Tourism Cluster.
It also has the following Specific Objectives:
- Attaining better knowledge of the needs and ways of improving the management of film tourism.
- Conveying successful experiences regarding international initiatives linking cinema and tourism.
- Establishing exchanges among different players of the tourist and audio-visual sectors participating in this segment’s development.
- Promoting the concept of innovation in the tourist sector, trying to lay the basis for sustainable development.
- Obtaining valid conclusions for the Conference’s participants in order to undertake future proposals for developing film tourism in Spain.
Olivier-René Veillon, as director of the Ile-de-France film Commission, will participate at the international roundtable on the 9th of june.
Please find here further presentation and detailled programm
Photo : The season one of "Versailles" has been sold into more than 135 countries. The Season 2 is now shooting in Ile-de-France.